For 2 people – easy ~ €
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- ½ onion
- ½ à Tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
- 2 dl of red lentils
- 2 tomatoes or 200 g of canned tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tsp of vegetable stock powder or 1 vegetable stock cube without palm oil (for 5 dl of liquid)
- Approximately 0.5 l of water (add water during cooking if required)
- 1 dl of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of curry
- 1 pinch of Cayenne
- Optional: 1 tsp of turmeric
Fry the onion in a little bit of oil in a frying pan until it softens.
Dissolve the stock cube in boiling water.
Add the red lentils, tomatoes, grated carrots, curry and the stock/water mixture to the onions.
Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. The lentils are ready when they mash slightly.
Add the coconut milk, a pinch of cayenne and adjust the curry if necessary.
Enjoy your meal!
Contribution by Lotta Grant!