For 2 people – easy ~ €
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 4 sheets of rice paper of 18 cm (to minimize waste, buy a large package, which will keep for long)
Filling suggestions (choose 4 or 5):
- 8 mint leaves (it adds flavor, we choose to always add them)
- 4 slices of red or yellow pepper (or both)
- a few salad leaves
- ½ grated medium carrot
- 4 small slices of leek of about 5 cm
- 4 slices of avocado
- 4 julienne cucumber slices of about 5 cm
- The green part of a celery stalk
- Cooked bulgur
Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Cut the selected vegetables. Dip the rice paper sheet one after another in a quiche dish with water for about 2 minutes or until soft. Prepare each roll on a plate or a cloth while putting a new sheet to soak. In order to do many rolls, put several dishes to soak the sheets.
Put in first and upside down the vegetables you want to see on top (as we did with the red pepper and the mint leaves.) Add the other vegetables afterwards.
Roll 3 times (as in the picture above) then fold down the sides to complete the roll. When the rolls dry a little, they keep together better. The rolls can be easily prepared ahead of time.
Serve with some sweet chili sauce in small bowls.
We also like to let each person prepare their own by putting a quiche dish with water and pre-cut vegetables directly on the table.
Enjoy your meal!
Contribution from Lotta Grant!