For 4 people – easy ~ €
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100 g peanuts (salty works well)
- 75 g shallot
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground chili powder
- 2 Tbsp of cassonade brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: 1 Tbsp fresh or dried lemon rind
- ¼ tsp of 4 spice mixture
- 175 ml water or coconut milk (or half coconut cream and water)
- Salt if necessary
Accompaniment: rice, raw bananas or pan-fried steaks with red lentils steaks.
Mix the peanuts coarsely. Slice the shallot and cook it in the oil. Add the chopped ginger into small pieces with the chilli powder and continue cooking. Add the other ingredients. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes, without boiling if there is coconut milk.
Sauce of “The hot and spicy cookbook” by Sophie Hale 1987.
Enjoy your meal!
Contribution by Lotta Grant!