For 2 people – easy ~ €
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: about 20 minutes
- 1 small onion
- ¼ leek or 50 g (the green part goes very well too)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 small dried apricots (maybe cut in 2)
- 5 dried prunes
- 200 g precooked chickpeas (100 g dry chickpeas)
- 250 g canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp of vegetable stock powder or ½ vegetable stock cube without palm oil (for an equivalent 2,5 dl of liquid)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
Serve with couscous or bulgur.
The best is to prepare it for 4 or 6 people as it is a dish that reheats well.
Cut the onion into eighths and fry until translucent. Cut the leeks into slices, the carrot into pieces, and the zucchini sliced into half moons.
Crush the garlic, take out the seeds from the cardamom pods, wash the chickpeas, and put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker if you have one (it reduces cooking time). Cook for 10 minutes after the pressure has build-up or about 25 minutes in a conventional pot. Serve in a tajine dish.
N.B: Organic apricots are very dark and do not have the same color as the apricots treated with sulfur.
Variations: You can add 1 turnip, 1 cinnamon stick, change dried fruits for raisins or dates and/or organic zest of orange.
Enjoy your meal!
Contribution by Lotta Grant!